[Veritas-vx] dmpnode error
Ashit Dewani
2003-04-28 23:30:23 UTC
Hi All ,

I am getting the following error when trying to resize a
filesystem .But the filesystem size is increased anyway .

/etc/vx/bin/vxresize -g callidusm_dg trucmpm +40g
vxvm:vxresize: ERROR: vxvm:vxassist: ERROR: emcpower22c not a valid
dmpnode disk access name.
vxvm:vxresize: ERROR: vxvm:vxassist: ERROR: emcpower23c not a valid
dmpnode disk access name.

Can anyway tell why this error is coming .

Thanks
Ashit
Yves Dorfsman
2003-04-29 14:46:29 UTC
Post by Ashit Dewani
I am getting the following error when trying to resize a
filesystem .But the filesystem size is increased anyway .
/etc/vx/bin/vxresize -g callidusm_dg trucmpm +40g
vxvm:vxresize: ERROR: vxvm:vxassist: ERROR: emcpower22c not a valid
dmpnode disk access name.
I have never had this error, but, dmp, emcpower ??
Are you trying to use both Veritas multipathing and EMC powerpath ?
We were told that when you use EMC powerpath, you do not use Veritas
multipathing, the device will switch at the powerpath level, so veritas
accesses only one of the two ctd device.

As well, are you on Solaris here ?
I thought that on Solaris with veritas and powerpath, you are not supposed
to use the emcpowerxx device, but one of the two ctd device... ?

Yves.
----
Yves Dorfsman ***@zioup.com
http://www.cuug.ab.ca/~dorfsmay
http://www.SollerS.ca
Sherman, Mark
2003-04-29 17:03:23 UTC
actually, just the opposite - you DO use the emcpowerXXc devices. And dmp is
compatible with PP, but you need to have the correct verrsions of each (see
your emc rep).

mark-s.
----------
Yves Dorfsman
2003-04-29 19:25:58 UTC
Post by Sherman, Mark
actually, just the opposite - you DO use the emcpowerXXc devices. And dmp is
compatible with PP, but you need to have the correct verrsions of each (see
your emc rep).
Interresting... Using the only one of the ctd devices, not using the
emcpower device, and not to try to use dmp is exactly what has been
recomeneded by our EMC guy (This is in a Solaris 8, Veritas 3.5
environment).

We haven't any problem with this (well, no problem that we couldn't
explain, and none was related to this).

Yves.
----
Yves Dorfsman ***@zioup.com
http://www.cuug.ab.ca/~dorfsmay
http://www.SollerS.ca
Jim Senicka
2003-04-29 19:59:18 UTC
straight 3.5 cannot use emcpower.
Support is returned for emcpower devices in 3.5MP1 and Patch 113215-01